Due to our active transactional law practice, we are well-versed in the intricacies of the operative agreements in construction transactions, in particular with AIA-based contract documents, which provides us with a distinct advantage in litigating complex construction disputes. Similarly, due to our active litigation practice, we have a keen understanding of the substantive issues arising out of these contract documents and have the ability to work effectively with our clients and advise them as to their contractual obligations and duties while also counseling them on avoiding potential liability.
Newfield Puritsky LLP represents developers, owners, general contractors, subcontractors, construction managers, vendors, design professionals, and homeowner’s associations in all facets of construction-related issues including:
- Contract Preparation/Negotiation. Our Construction attorneys adeptly manage virtually every aspect of contract preparation and routinely develop, analyze and negotiate both custom and standard industry and government forms on behalf of our clients.
- Construction Litigation. We provide counsel and aggressively litigate matters involving breach of contract, delays, disruptions, fraud, false claims, excessive charges, and insurance issues.
- Construction Defect Litigation. We prosecute and defend claims on behalf of general contractors, subcontractors, builders and owners relating to defective design, plan, or construction, including water intrusion, manufacturing defects, building damage, negligent investigation of the site and many other construction defect disputes.
- General Liability Litigation. We have extensive experience in general liability litigation relating to construction matters and have successfully defended against claims involving personal injury, property damage, premises liability and economic loss.
- Professional Negligence Litigation. We skillfully handle professional negligence and malpractice claims for architects, design professionals and engineers.